Tuesday, August 9, 2011

What is YOUR life in science?

Today I welcomed 2nd, 3rd, and 4th periods to science!  We talked a LOT about procedures (like SLANT, Do Nows, and using just a dabba dabba glue!) and got our first assignment.  Students are to create a time line about their own lives relating to science.  I have requested 10 events with 10 captions - all in complete sentences - but this is a BARE MINIMUM.

Keep in mind that champions go above and beyond the minimum, and to expect an A, extra effort is required.  Students were each given a piece of paper to use to complete this, but other forms are acceptable as well, as long as it is not smaller.  I made it very clear to the students that I am going to push them to be their VERY BEST this year and that I know they are all capable!

The assignment should be colorful and engaging.  I can't wait to see what the students produce.

No comments:

Post a Comment